Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Site Supervisor Conference Final

            Mr. Wiggins and I met again, via phone, and discussed my intern plan on November 11th.  Like the first meeting, there was a lot of insight that was shared before we got down to business in talking about my next few months.  We talked about the state at which the school is in and the plan for the future of Salado ISD.  With the board meeting looming in the coming weeks and the approval of the superintendents goals for the district, we discussed those goals and how he came up with them.  What was the shared vision for the upcoming school year?  I say vision for the year because it is my belief that you can have a vision for the district that will stand for a few years that everyone can get behind, but you must have a short term vision or goals, if you will, to lead you through to the district vision.  We talked about some of the issues that are upcoming that I will be able to be a part of and that I will be reflecting to my cohort.  Salado will probably be discussing a bond in the next held election.  That bond will focus on athletic facilities and classrooms at the new high school.  Issues that surround a bond are numerous and those issues must be met with resolve and transparency.  Salado is in the process for putting together a plan for the TEA for a stage 3 focus group surrounding ESL Science in our district.  Our district has just been lifted into AAA by the UIL after achieving much success at the AA level and the process by which we continue our success is an issue that we will be discussing as well.
            We discussed my intern plan relating the above to the activities that I have in my plan and how I can best go about making those activities benefit the district as well.  I am really excited about being a part of the bond election that the board will be discussing.  I will get to sit in on those focus groups, make trips and give my insight to the group and that will be a great opportunity.  A bond election to me is a great undertaking by a district and with that it carries a great stress to the superintendent.  I will get to experience that stress, to a lesser degree, and all that goes with it.  There were no revisions to my plan but we had a great deal of discussion of the opportunities that I will have with the upcoming year at Salado ISD.

No comments:

Post a Comment