Monday, October 4, 2010

A Novices Guide to Building an Educational Leadership Blog:

I have a cell phone that I use.  I started texting about 5 years ago.  I sent my first email in 1997.  I have a twitter account that I do not follow and I am on Facebook.  I am not addicted to any of these little technologies that have reshaped our educational horizon over the past two decades.  When the leadership in this cohort asked me to create a blog, I was totally lost.  Not in the fact that I could not accomplish this feat, but because I was not familiar.  The feeling I was experiencing was probably pretty close to the feeling of the first text I have ever sent.  Not that I was scared, but that did not see the need.  With texting, I quickly learned the importance and relevance to this technology in our daily lives.  Over the past 24 hours, I have experienced the importance of owning a blog and keeping a journal of sorts so that you as well as others can come and view ideas and perspectives on the educational field.  I cannot tell you how many times I have used blogs to find an answer for a question, but never have I owned one.  Now, I am the owner of an educational blog that’s focus is my education.  It’s designed to put my ideas in print and to possibly enlighten others all the while leading me down a path of enlightenment.

1 comment:

  1. I have nver owned or participated in a blog, however I have read bogs for a variety of reasons. This experience is increasing my ability to communicate in variety of modes. I can see this as beneficial in a district as we post an article and have teachers and administrators respond to the article. One article comes to mind about a series of one-day teacher absences has a geat impact on student achievement. I would like to have teachers and admnistrators respond to the article on a blog to get input for potential policy changes.

    ReplyDelete